|Products, funds and resources donated to help residents repair, rebuild, renew |
| - Bosch Community Fund contributes $200,000 in short-term relief and longer-term recovery grants|
- Donates power tools, boilers, solar modules, security products and water heaters worth $140,000
- Encourages associate contributions to American Red Cross and offers time off to associates who would like to volunteer in select locations
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. - The devastation from Superstorm Sandy has had a significant impact on much of the East Coast, leaving thousands of individuals with substantial damage to home and property. After hearing of the tremendous losses faced by many affected communities, Bosch has committed $340,000 in funding and in-kind donations to help the victims of this natural disaster.
“The devastation made us all realize just how fortunate we are that everyone on our team was reported safe,” said Mike Mansuetti, president, Robert Bosch LLC. “Guided by our slogan ‘Invented for Life,’ we are compelled to use our resources to let those impacted by the disaster know that we care.”
Measures of support include:
- The Bosch Community Fund, in conjunction with Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, is contributing $100,000 in short-term relief to Habitat for Humanity earmarked to aid storm victims, as well as power tools worth $100,000 in value to support recovery efforts. Working in partnership, Bosch and Lowe’s will furnish 24 vans donated by General Motors with power tools and equipment. These ‘Mobile Response Units’ will be driven by Habitat and partner volunteers, including Bosch associates, to assist residents of devastated communities in Monmouth County, N.J. and Breezy Point, N.Y..
- The Bosch Community Fund will also contribute $100,000 to the United Way of Greater Lehigh Valley, Pa., to support home restoration for affected low-income, elderly and disabled homeowners in Bethlehem - a Bosch community - and surrounding areas.
- Funding support will be reinforced by the in-kind donation of Bosch products such as boilers, security products, solar modules and water heaters, totaling up $40,000 in value.
- Many Bosch associates are giving personal funds to the national American Red Cross and American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley, who provide immediate relief to victims of disasters.
- In select locations, Bosch is offering its associates the opportunity to take time off to volunteer for relief efforts. Bosch has 23 locations and employs over 6,700 associates along the Eastern U.S. seaboard and nearby states.
“While no one company can help every community in need, Bosch is striving to do its part to help affected communities repair and renew,” said Mansuetti. “To those who have been impacted by Superstorm Sandy, you have our support and we are confident in your efforts to rebuild.”
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. More than 300,000 associates generated sales of 51.5 billion euros ($71.7 billion) in the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods, and building technology in fiscal year 2011. The Bosch Group comprises Robert Bosch GmbH and its more than 350 subsidiaries and regional companies in some 60 countries. If its sales and service partners are included, then Bosch is represented in roughly 150 countries. This worldwide development, manufacturing, and sales network is the foundation for further growth. Bosch spent more than 4 billion euros ($5.8 billion) for research and development in 2011, and applied for over 4,100 patents worldwide. With all its products and services, Bosch enhances the quality of life by providing solutions which are both innovative and beneficial. Further information is available online at www.bosch.com and www.bosch-press.com.
In the U.S., Canada and Mexico, the Bosch Group manufactures and markets automotive original equipment and aftermarket products, industrial drives and control technology, power tools, security and communication systems, packaging technology, thermotechnology, household appliances, solar energy, healthcare telemedicine and software solutions. Having established a regional presence in 1906, Bosch employs over 22,500 associates in more than 100 locations, with sales of $9.8 billion in fiscal year 2011. For more information, visit www.boschusa.com.
About the Bosch Community Fund:
The Bosch Community Fund, a U.S.-based foundation established in September 2011, awards more than $3 million annually in grants and contributions to various 501(c)(3) organizations and educational institutions. The BCF focuses primarily on the enrichment of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education and the advancement of environmental sustainability initiatives.
Bosch to Help Superstorm Sandy Relief Efforts - December 2012